Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Barbie disaster here!

Doll friends I need help!
We have a 1970's European issue Busy Hands Barbie Equestrienne and last night while checking to see how her head was attached, I accidentally popped the head right off. It attached with the little double ended plastic "mushroom" shaped thing - which came out of the neck.
Now her head just won't go back on and not wiggle and flop.
My daughter, who bought the doll with her own money at the Barbie convention here in LA a couple of years ago, is devastated and I'm persona non gratis.
Does anyone one know an expert Barbie doll doctor who could help me? I'm going to haunt some of the forums and see what I can learn too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hy Robyn,

Unfortunately I have no help to offer but saw your post pop up in my blog list and had to read more. Although I understand your dilemma and the seriousness of this situation, I also can't help but laugh lovingly at the same time. I wish you the best in finding a barbie expert.

Hugs! =D
~Kitty Kellie

Dorote said...

Hi I am not a Barbie expert, but I gues putting the parts into a warm soapy water could help.

annielizabeth said...

Uh Oh! Nothing worse than a broken dolly. Try to find a local doll hospital or doll shop by you that may have some solutions to try. Did the plastic piece that holds it in come off completely? Save all pieces, it should be able to be fixed by someone experienced. Good luck, I feel for your daughter. You could Ask around at the next doll show, too.