Monday, January 12, 2009

A little bit o'plush.

For handmade softies, my daughter loves her crazy pink Barbara the Beaver toy from Flaky Friends. These all have personalities and stories, all hand made in Pasadena, California. More on the Flaky Friends blog.

Meanwhile here's Jane Austen,.... part of a line of commercial plush character dolls from the Unemployed Philosopher's Guild, and I just think they are cute. I saw a bunch of their colorful historical artists at the Graphaids Art Supply store near my house, and they look cuter in person than the photos. I think my favorite may be the always distinctive Frida Kahlo.

A reason to buy - the philosophers support and donate a "substantial portion" of their profits to a list of worthy causes, as described on their website.








1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to be featured along with the wonky-nosed Jane! I'm also glad to hear that the pink beaver is still holding her own. I hope your business with your awesome dolls is going well :)