Friday, January 30, 2009

Du Buh Du retro aesthetic


OMG, Christine Alvarado of Du Buh Du Designs is giving away the most beautiful, wistful doll for her One World One Heart contribution. Based on a charming Irish folk tale, she is holding a swan and is 14 inches tall. Look at her dear little detailed shoes.

Christine's figures prove what a versatile medium polymer clay is - she makes her figures (and ornaments) from pc, then paints over them to create the doll's faces, hair and personalities. Their cloth dresses have a sweet retro style simplicity, with focus on the tiny prints. I love, love, love the series holding the masks invoking fairy tales from the ages. She also has an Etsy store, where she promises more new things in February.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you Robyn for mentioning my giveaway and for the kind words and compliments! I'm always on the look out for new dolls blogs and am happy you brought me over to yours. I'm adding you to my links so I can revisit your site. Eventually I want to reorganize my blog so that I have a separate column for doll blogs :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
~Christine